If you find any broken links, please let me know.
Places to Go (Sarasota area)
With Your Kids or Parents
With Your Dogs
*Dogs can swim at these parks!
Places to Run
- Rothenbach Park
Rothenbach has asphalt paved 0.9 mile and 2.6 mile loops, with some shade on the longer loop. Between the loops, you'll find a bathroom, picnic area, playground and water fountain. We'll often have the kids ride bikes while we run, and then they get playground time afterward, while we're cooling off.
- Payne Park
Payne Park features a 0.5 mile loop with sidewalk and red pebble path. The lighting here is bad at night. It's placed low on the path, which is pretty, but makes it difficult to see objects at a distance. As such, I wouldn't recommend running here at night.
- Sarasota Recreational Trail (see link for description, location)
- Ringling Bridge Repeats
If you run under the bridge on both ends (to switch sides), you can get around one-mile per repeat.
- Island Park to Ken Thompson Park and back
- The Legacy Trail *Not recommended: long, straight, and offers little shade
- Celery Fields and Bickel Mountain
Bickel Mountain is a big, artificial hill that you can use to bust your butt, as much as necessary.
The gravel paths on the hill make for a rough ride for strollers.
- Myakka River State Park
Piece together bits of road, trail, and service road into almost any length; best in winter.
- Manasota Track Club | Events | Training Runs
- Daily Mile Sarasota, FL routes
Places to Cycle/Ride
Things to Do (Events)
Scrub Jay 5K at Oscar Scherer State Park
Sarasota Half Marathon
- PV Python Run
- Venice Sharks Tooth Festival
- Siesta Fiesta
- Earth Day at Oscar Scherer State Park